Adding a new page to your site is quick and easy with our tools! Follow the below steps and you'll be an advanced page creator in no time:
- Login to your site with your Administrator Account.
- In the "Pages" menu drop down at the top of the site, look for the "Add New Page" section:
- Type a name for your new page in the "Name" textbox. Leave the "Template" drop down set to Default.
- Here's where things get fun. Use the "Insert" drop downs to determine where in your menu you want to place this new page. The top drop down has 3 options, "Before", "After", and "Child Of". The bottom drop down is to select the page to help determine positioning. Before and after obviously determine order of placement in the menu, but "Child Of" simply makes this new page a drop down option of the page you select in the next drop down.
For example, if you select "After" and "About", then the new page will appear in the main menu at the top of the site immediately after the "About" menu option. But if you choose "Child Of" and "About", then the new page will be a submenu drop down option of the "About" page.
Using these two "Insert" drop downs may be a little confusing at first, but they will allow you to add a new page quickly and easily anywhere in your menu!
- The "Include In Menu" Checkbox allows you to choose whether or not you want this new page to show up in the menu at all.
For example, let's say you have a page that you only want people to access from a link, let's say like from an email you've sent out to your students only. You don't want the world to be able to see this page by them clicking on it in the menu, so you can choose not to have it show in your menu by unchecking this checkbox when you add the page. Then people will only have access to it by clicking the link in the email you've sent out.
- Click "Add Page" to add the new page to your site!